Lecture and Lab will be entirely dedicated to getting the basic mechanics working. This walk cycle will be will be 24-30 frames long and generic: not specific to your character description.
A good place to start for reference is here, with Preston Blair's basic walk:
|click on this image to see it at full size|
We will focus on these topics:
- Order of Operations - Hips/Feet, Torso, Head, Arms
- Good Balance and Posing Mechanics.
- Foot Transit and Ground Speed
- How to Invert the first half of the cycle to make the second half
- Overlap and Follow Through
- Path of Action and Animate>Create Motion Trail
- Polishing Your Work